If you have come up with a decision to invest in SEO, you would understand how it could help in growing the business. There is no one size fits all approach when it comes to SEO but there are some expectations that are necessary for you to have when working with an agency. An agency could help you in achieving the business goals so that you gain a better understanding of how the SEO campaign would work.
You could reach out to Blurn.com for Digital Marketing, SEO and other related services. You could focus your attention on other business needs as the experts would take care of your online visibility needs. Contact us for a free consultation and click here to know more about the type of service you would require.
An SEO agency is a team of SEO specialists who are supported vastly by other digital experts like designers and developers who would often have a monthly spend requirement and the clients working on a retainer basis. This would mean that the clients would be reasonably sized businesses that have the budget to support their SEO efforts. SEO consultants would offer to carry out some SEO services but would mainly consult clients to help with their SEO strategy and suggest certain techniques an in-house SEO team could implement. In-house SEOs usually work for e-commerce or large businesses but might look for external SEO experts to assist them with their tasks and strategy.
Have a look at some of the expectations you should have for an SEO agency.
- Time to establish goals and understand the company
Before any work begins, the SEO agency should take the time to get to know the business, competitors, audience and the goals you have. Without having a deep knowledge of what your brand stands for and what the objectives are, you should think of hitting the targets. A concise and clear strategy would help you inform the tasks that should be carried out to optimise your ROI for the agreed timeframe and budget.
- Thorough research and SEO site audits
Successful SEO depends on various factors. SEO website audits and analyses could be done to identify areas for improvement. Performing technical SEO checks could highlight several potential performance issues such as indexing content, navigation, speed, images and more. Once the areas you could improve are identified, a priority list could be created to implement changes that would optimise the website and improve rankings and user experience. Extensive keyword research and competitor analysis could be done for the terms you would like to rank for. SEO makes sure that guesswork is thrown out of the window as it allows you to identify the most relevant and important keywords users might be actively searching for. It is also important to note that the target keywords you could realistically compete for to maximise the ROI.
- Monitoring and reporting
An SEO agency should continuously monitor your site’s performance and traffic levels by providing recommendations for future work throughout the process. All of the highlighted goals should be covered and monitored in a monthly progress report which indicates what is and what’s not working. The report is an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of your site and the tasks that have been carried out, ask any questions and share any new products or services you would like to push and increase visibility for.
- Site health checks
SEO is an ongoing effort to make sure of the smooth running and consistent performance of your website. You could make use of various SEO tools for changes. Website crawls should be undertaken to find any errors like duplicate content, broken links or poor backlinks so that they could be fixed by the web development team or by yourself.
Throughout the communication with an SEO agency, you would want them to be transparent and realistic about how the goals would be met. It is very important for you to understand the tasks that are being carried out and why they should be. To be clear, SEO is a field where there is no straightforward path to follow to get results. Some techniques might not work out as planned but this would better inform the strategy and plan of action.
At the end of the day, you might be hiring an SEO agency to boost your sales traffic and ROI. Hence, it is fair to expect to see some significant improvements. Successful SEO takes time and you should be very cautious of any SEO companies who promise you quick results. It could take several months for you to see the traffic and revenue increase, especially because it would take time for search engines to reward your efforts. If you can find some positive results, then you could safely say that your SEO campaign is paying off.
What do SEO Services Include?
It is a broad service that ultimately sets out to increase your visibility and chances of converting users. SEO services include:
- Technical SEO: Specialist tools are used to crawl and audit a client’s website to identify any issues like duplicate content or 404 errors that should be fixed.
- Keyword strategy: Experience is aided by the use of various tools that help in identifying the keywords your business should be targeting for maximum impact.
- Website Audits: They provide the clients with detailed insights into their website and include the analysis of the SERP landscape, competitors, keyword strategy and their site performance.
- ROI Forecasting: This is done with the help of an SEO ROI model to try and predict the value of SEO services for the business.
- Content Optimisation: Having good quality content that is useful for users and optimised for search engines could seriously up the ranking game. It involves writing copy, adding internal links to other relevant pages optimising for target keywords and more.
- Content Marketing: Supporting content is essential for building a strong architecture around the commercially focused pages whilst attracting new organic traffic through the content itself.
- Link Building: This involves earning citations from credible and relevant sources with expertise, trustworthiness and authoritativeness. You could find out how to build links for SEO in our blog.
- Local SEO: Local SEO helps in improving the visibility of businesses operating in a local area.
- Website Migrations: Migrating domains, designs or platforms could be risky business as you might lose traffic. SEO specialists work with web developers to prevent technical issues.