In a world filled with enticing choices for home-based hair care routines, it is important to follow simple and personalized skincare routines that don’t cost a bomb but still help a lot with positive hair care. From choosing a hair oil, the best shampoo for hair fall, or one that best suits a hair condition to conditioners, and masks, we have marked some smart tips and products to work well for your hair care routine.
This post will look at one of the most common problems related to home-based hair care, like frequent and excessive hair fall. Since it is not good to see your hair strands in the bathroom drain, you should opt for an effective and personalized hair care plan. Using the best shampoo for hair fall is just one part of that plan.
So, let’s delve right in and check what should the right hair regimen be.
What should you follow for the right hair care regime?
It is easy to listen to a few hair care tips almost every day. People would always tell you stories about how you can get better results from oiling your hair regularly, whereas hairstylists would recommend using some branded products. The key is to make your way through the noise and create a personalized hair care routine that works best.
- Use a safe, gentle, and toxin-free hair oil: This is the first step to healthy hair is to oil it. Oiling your hair regularly strengthens your hair from the roots to the tips. We would advise you to warm the oil before you use it. This would help the oil seep deeper into the roots and release its nutrients.
- Wrap a hot towel around your head: After oiling your hair, take a hot towel and wrap it around your head. This would also help the oil seep into your roots and strengthen them. This would be equivalent to providing deep conditioning to your hair.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo: If you are experiencing hair fall, you should choose the best shampoo for hair fall. Be sure to stay away from chemically-enriched hair care products like the ones that contain sulfates and parabens.
- Follow up with a conditioner: A conditioner further helps seal in the moisture and keeps your tresses nourished and healthy. It also adds shine and bounce to your hair, and makes it look smoother.
- Use a hair mask: Using a hair mask will boost your hair nourishment and hydration and strengthen your hair.
Now that we have your hair care regime sorted, let’s look at some basic hair tips too.
A Few Tips to Maintain Healthy Hair
- You should use a wide-tooth comb for wet hair. Wet hair is fragile and is prone to breakage. Using a broad-toothed comb and running it from the roots to the tips of the hair would be the ideal way to comb it. If you are worried about tangled hair, you may use Mamaearth’s Rice Wonder Water solution with Rice Water and Keratin that helps to detangle your hair.
- Using a hair serum will help your hair be smoother. It would stimulate hair follicles, restore root health, and nourish the scalp. Most serums are formulated with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that help to revitalize, strengthen, and protect your hair.
- Ensure that you use a nourishing hair mask at least once a week. A hair mask helps give you an instant spa-like treatment in the comfort of your home and 15 minutes!
- To cure split ends or frizz, please trim your hair at least once in two months. This will help avoid the split ends from growing out again.
- Avoid shampooing your hair every day, and if you have hair fall, choose the best shampoo for hair fall so that your scalp and hair can be treated from the roots to the ends.
- Avoid tying your hair tightly as this can lead to hair fall. People with long hair can tie it into a loose bun or secure it loosely with a rubber band. Tying your hair tightly puts a lot of pressure on the hair roots and causes hair fall.
- Change your pillow covers to satin ones. It is proven that sleeping on satin covers can help reduce hair breakage caused by friction compared to cotton pillow covers because of their rough texture.
- When you use Mamaearth’s best shampoo for hair fall, ensure that you follow up with a conditioner. Apply it end-to-end (from the roots to the tips) and leave it on for a few minutes before the final rinse. Now rinse it with cold water as it helps to strengthen your hair and adds a shine to it.
- Check the ingredients listed in the hair care and skin care products. For example, when you choose the best shampoo for hair fall, you will notice that all ingredients are natural and free from any toxins, preservatives, and chemicals. Avoid using any shampoos with parabens and sulfates, as they can further damage your hair.
- Avoid using styling tools that can further damage your hair. For example, hair straighteners and hair curlers can cause more damage to your hair. Instead, you should let your hair dry naturally for the best results. Also, stay away from chemical treatments like rebonding, straightening, or coloring your hair. Avoiding such things lets your hair breathe!
Tip: The best shampoo for hair fall would never contain harmful chemicals, toxins, or abrasives. Such hair care solutions are usually meant for all hair types and people of all age groups.
What else should you opt for with the best shampoo for hair fall?
Besides these basic tips, there is something else that you need to keep in mind. While tackling hair issues, you will also need to keep a skincare regime in mind. In most cases, hair fall caused due to dandruff or an itchy scalp can lead to sensitive skin. So, choose a safe, gentle, and toxin-free face wash for sensitive skin.
An itchy scalp or dandruff may make your skin acne-prone, sensitive, and prone to breakouts. So, choosing a face wash for sensitive skin will be ideal to ensure your face doesn’t take its brunt. So, with your hair care regime sorted and a basic guide on skincare, especially if you have sensitive skin, ensure that you use genuine and good products for your skin and hair.
Note: Skincare experts advise doing a patch test before using any skincare product. This would eliminate the chances of contacting any allergies or rashes caused by any ingredients in the products. Opting for a safe and trusted brand like Mamaearth makes perfect sense because its Made Safe-approved products are free from harmful chemicals and toxins. In addition, its products are dermatologically tested to ensure they are suitable for all skin types and are thus approved by FDA too.