HSE: Information about health and safety at work
They aim to protect the public through licensure and regulation of nursing/midwifery education and practice. Their mission is to uphold professional nursing standards and honour the public trust. The Singapore Dental Council is the self-regulatory body for the dental professions constituted under the Dental Registration Act . Its key objectives are to promote high standards of oral health and to promote the interests of the dental profession in Singapore.
Other occupational diseases of concern include carpal tunnel syndrome and lead poisoning. Prolonged psychological stress may negatively impact health, and has been cited as a factor in cognitive impairment with aging, depressive illness, and expression of disease. Stress management is the application of methods to either reduce stress or increase tolerance to stress.
- Making healthy food choices can lower one’s risk of heart disease and the risk of developing some types of cancer, and can help one maintain their weight within a healthy range.
- Prolonged psychological stress may negatively impact health, and has been cited as a factor in cognitive impairment with aging, depressive illness, and expression of disease.
- Under a law signed Aug. 6, 2012 , Veterans and family members who served on active duty or resided at Camp Lejeune for 30 days or more between Jan. 1, 1957 and Dec. 31, 1987 may be eligible for medical care through VA for 15 health conditions.
- Guided by the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, our action plan has bold new measures that will support Aotearoa’s goal of becoming a smokefree country by 2025.
- For urgent medical help – use the NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.
Safe Management Measures View the full list of community measures, effective 10 October 2022. Health Literacy Explore health literacy and communication tools, research, initiatives, and other professional resources. Physical Activity Check out the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans for recommendations to improve health by getting the nation moving.
Search all our content for trusted health information including resources from our information partners. 💭Matthew Mace explores the barriers to quality heart failure treatment and the urgent solutions required. The Expert Committee on COVID-19 Vaccination recommends the Moderna/Spikevax vaccine for the primary vaccination of children aged 6 months to 4 years.
You’ll get notifications for any significant changes that are identified in shared data categories, such as a steep decline in activity, as well as gradual trends like an improvement in blood pressure. You can also receive the same alerts as a loved one, such as heart rate and irregular rhythm notifications. Mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic — especially health workers, managers of health facilities, people who are looking after children, older adults, people in isolation and members of the public more generally. In low-income countries, modern healthcare is often too expensive for the average person. International healthcare policy researchers have advocated that “user fees” be removed in these areas to ensure access, although even after removal, significant costs and barriers remain.
Apply, notify or report
Care is provided through an integrated network of six primary care polyclinics, acute care and tertiary hospitals, national specialty centres and business divisions. Together NHG bring a rich legacy of medical expertise to their philosophy of integrated patient-centred care. The Health app creates simple graphical charts so you can quickly review cycle length and variation. It also uses heart rate data from Apple Watch to improve its predictions. You can also create a PDF of your cycle history to share with healthcare provider for more informed conversations.